*Quoits Championship 8 October
Brat Haus Oktoberfest Championship 2 p.m. Sunday Oktober 8, 2017 at The Brat Cave, at 47 Balaclava Street, Woolloongabba.
According to the Brat Haus Quoits Association, “the object of the game is to throw rope quoits onto a peg”.
There will be three rounds, the third round is the final round.
- A FOOT FAULT IS A VOID QUOIT
- A BOUNCED QUOIT WILL BE SCORED BY IT’S FINAL RESTING PLACE
IF A REGISTERED PLAYER FAILS TO SHOW UP WHEN CALLED TO A THROW, HE/SHE HAS UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF THE ROUND TO PLAY.
- INTERFERENCE (BY OPPONENT OR PUBLIC) MAY RESULT IN REPLAYED QUOIT (UMPIRE’S CALL)
NO STAFF OR FAMILY OF BRAT HAUS STAFF ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN BRAT HAUS OKTOBERFEST CHAMPIONSHIP
- The UMPIRE’S CALL IS FINAL
Rounds 1 and 2
- Quoits are to be thrown directly at the pegs one at a time
- The throwing distance is to be 9 feet or 2.74 m – from the centre peg to the throwing crease.
- An over of quoits is 6 in number.
- All six quoits. - A player starts by standing behind the throwing line and tossing all 6 quoits, one at a time, aiming to land the quoits over the pegs. The score is added to the player for each quoit that successfully lands over the respective peg. All six quoits are thrown regardless of how many land over the pegs.
- Then the next entrant follows suit, so and so forth.
- Rounds 1 and 2 consist of 2 overs per entrant.
- At the end of 2 overs each, the top half of players with the most number of points, move through to round 2.
- If a qualifying round is tied, players concerned in qualification/elimination ONLY, will have 1 full over each until one player is ahead by points at the end of a round. This is called KAPUT. The loser is eliminated.
Third and final Round
- At the end of the 3 overs each (18 quoits), the player with the most points pegged is the victor.
- Any ties of the leaders will result in KAPUT until 1 winner is crowned the champion.
- Champion is crowned Meister of the Haus, will have their name engraved on the Bill Irby Shield, which will be displayed in the Haus and will be entitled to free sausages for a year from the Brat Haus. (limitations apply; see below)
- ANY 3 QUOITS IN A SINGLE OVER, LAND AND SIT ON THE SAME PEG = FREE Brat Haus Stubbie Holder AND 15 EXTRA POINTS.
- ANY SCORE OVER 100 = FREE STEIN AND 15 EXTRA POINTS
ALL 6 QUOITS ARE SCORING QUOITS = FREE HAT AND 15 EXTRA POINTS.
Free sausage limitations.
The winner, deemed ‘Meister of the Haus’, wins free sausages for a year, from Oktober 1, 2017, and upon any visit to the Brat Haus Valley store only.
Limit of 10 sausages per week.
Limited only to the ‘Meister of the Haus’